I have noticed that since Whereby has limited the free use to 30 minutes and 4 people we have far fewer folks from TS getting together on Whereby. I have always found Whereby to be more security and easier to use than what is now MS Teams. The makers of Protonmail have created Proton Meets which is not to complicated to use and offers 1 hour free. Keep it up Cam2Cam wankers.
Replies
- AN
Aug 16, 2026Hi Old, I agree, the 30-minute limit really bothers me too! I didn't know about the 4-participant limit, which makes the situation even worse. I also use Teams a lot, which seems like a worthy successor to Skype. I'm also testing Teleguard. I like this Proton Meets, maybe we could try it together! Have a good day everyone!!!
ReactReply - BA
Aug 16, 2026with whereby, when your 30 mins is up you can change to another room, not ideal I know but as long as 2 participants have rooms you can flip flop between the 2...
ReactReply - ED
Aug 16, 2026I recently discovered Kosmi; I haven't quite figured it all out yet, but it seems pretty good to me. It's basically a platform where you can either host video calls or stream video for your friends, and besides everyone watching the video, you're also visible on your webcams. You do have to register, but it's free.
ReactReply

